ShantiWorks is a small feminist organisation in Richmond, Melbourne, designed to work for equality, peace and justice.
Our fundamental ethics include:
- Working from a gendered anti-oppressive lens centralising the multiple and varied experiences of people because of their lived experiences;
- Working from an intersectional feminist perspective, recognising any individual or community is more than one identity and requires recognition of multiple sites of power and oppression;
- Working to identify what is already working well and what this reflects about peoples’ skills, intentions etc;
- Appreciating skills and abilities as a resource for support and change;
- Developing collaborative, engaging and dignifying support relationships;
- Bringing forward each person’s expertise in relation to their own lives and work;
- Situating ourselves in positions of discovery in relation to people’s intentions and capacity to learn and change.
ShantiWorks aspires to live these ethics through all areas of its work; projects, evaluations, supervision/counselling, training and consultations.